Watercress, Shiitake and Scallop Risotto
Recipe by Mira Lyubenova, Cooking LSL
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season scallops with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked and golden.Set aside.
- Cook shiitake mushrooms in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, until most of the liquid released has evaporated. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pot. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add arborio rice, stir to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Start adding the chicken stock, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking on medium heat. Add more stock, once the previous has been absorbed. Stir frequently, so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Once all the stock has been added to the rice and has been absorbed, add wine and cook until it has been absorbed.
- Add chopped watercress and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and parmesan cheese. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add scallops.
- Garnish with more fresh watercress and grated parmesan cheese. Serve.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.