Watercress Herb Ricotta Tomato Tart
Recipe by Meghan Bassett, Cake-n-Knife
Whipped Herb Ricotta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry to a 10×16″ rectangle. Place on baking sheet and prick all over with a fork, leaving a 1/2″ border around the edges. Bake for 12 minutes until light golden brown.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, olive oil, basil and oregano until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add watercress, pine nuts, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a food processor. Pulse until mostly combined. Turn food processor on low and drizzle in olive oil. Pulse until well-combined.
- Spread an even layer of the pesto (using approximately 2/3 of the mixture) on the puff pastry, leaving the border bare. Spread a layer of the whipped herbed ricotta on top of the pesto. Add sliced tomato in rows on top of the ricotta.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with additional pesto as desired. Serve warm.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.