Watercress and Beet Salad
Try B&W’s nutrient-packed watercress and beet salad.
The watercress and beets pair perfectly together while offering two of the most nutritious foods on the planet.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in the bottom of a steamer.
- Add the beets to the steamer and steam until they are thoroughly tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. After the beets are cool to the touch, peel, and dice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with salt and pepper to taste until the salt dissolves. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the mixture is blended.
- Place 2 tbl of the dressing in a small bowl.
- Add the diced beet and toss so all the pieces are coated thoroughly with dressing. Set aside.
- Add the watercress to the remaining dressing in the large bowl.
- Add the Sunflower seeds.
- Toss again and divide among six plates, making sure the Sunflower seeds are arranged so they can be seen.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of the beets atop the salad and serve immediately.
- Toss lightly with additional dressing as desired.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.