Feta Creamed Spinach
- In a medium sauté pan, melt 4 tablespoons unsalted butter over medium heat, being careful not to brown the butter.
- Add the breadcrumbs, and stir continuously, cooking until golden-brown all over. Season with salt, and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining butter over a medium-high flame until melted. Add the onions, and cook, stirring, until translucent. Add the garlic, and continue to cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, and cook until completely wilted. Remove to a basket strainer or similar, and remove any extraneous liquid.
- In a food processor, pulse the spinach until it’s somewhat broken down. Add the yogurt and feta cheese, and continue to pulse until all are combined. Taste for seasoning. (Most feta cheese has a lot of sodium, so you may not need to add much extra salt.)
- Serve immediately, topping with the toasted breadcrumbs as garnish
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.