Steamed Mussels with Aromatic Green Broth
- Combine everything except the olive oil, lemon juice and salt in the base of a food processor.
- Process until a paste is formed; then drizzle in the lemon juice and olive oil. Add the salt.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, and then add the ginger and garlic. Continue cooking, stirring continuously for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the mussels and white wine to the pan. Cook, stirring, for another minute; then add the coconut milk and fish sauce (if desired), and cover with a tightly fitted lid.
- Cook until all the mussels have just (It is easy to overcook mussels, so check frequently until they have all opened, usually less than 5 minutes.)
- When the mussels have opened, remove from the heat, and stir in the arugula puree and fresh chiles.
- Taste for seasoning, and serve with a toasted baguette, if desired.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.