Eggs In Purgatory With Spinach & Bacon
- Heat olive oil in large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Smoked applewood bacon and cook until the bacon begins to crips Add onions and cook until soft, approx. 10min.
- Add onions and cook until soft, approx. 10min.
- Add the chopped garlic, red pepper flakes and cook few min more.
- Add the grated tomato cook until the tomatoes have released their juice. Then add the spinach, and the tomato juice allow then spinach to cook down.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon, create and 4 shallow wells in the spinach and tomato mixture crack each egg and place then in the wells season sprinkle each egg with parmesan cheese.
- Reduce heat and cover the pan with a lid and cook covered for 3 min.
- Remove from heat and garnish with red pepper flakes and extra virgin oil
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.