Chef Ming’s Creamless Watercress Soup With Honey-Apple Salsa
- Sauté onions and garlic in grapeseed oil until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add chicken stock and season really well with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Once liquid is boiling, add watercress stems and allow to soften, 3-4 minutes. Then add leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender in batches, adding butter slowly with blender running. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and check for flavor.
- Meanwhile, mix apples, honey and juice of lime, and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Warm soup bowls in hot water. Plate hot soup with scattered salsa, enjoy.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.