Watercress White Pizza
Recipe by Carlene Thomas, Healthfully Ever After
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat olive oil, add garlic and cook until lightly golden to infuse garlic flavor in olive oil.
- Brush a pizza pan or rectangular baking pan with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Using your hands, stretch pizza dough into a large round or rectangle. Form a crust lip on the outer edge. Pierce bottom of crust with a fork to stop dough from bubbling.
- Brush garlic oil mixture over entire dough area. Bake 15 minutes or until the dough begins to brown.
- Remove dough from oven.
- Add shredded mozzarella in an even layer within the crust edge. Add red pepper flakes and dollops of ricotta cheese in rounded piles.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes in the lower third of the oven until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly and begins to brown. Broil if desired.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Add parsley, olives, watercress and a drizzle of additional olive oil. Slice into 6-8 pieces.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.