Watercress Risotto with Parmesan and Prosciutto
- Heat the vegetable stock in the 4 qt stock pot.
- In the other stock pot add extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the rice to the pot with the onions and garlic and turn the heat up to medium high. Stir for one minute and then add the white wine and keep stirring.
- After the wine has evaporated off ladle in ¼ of the hot vegetable stock and turn down the heat. Season with salt and pepper
- Let the rice absorb the stock and keep adding 1 ladle at at time and stirring so it gets creamy and draws the starch out of the rice. This will take around 15 minutes.
- Taste the rice and see if it has cook through. It should be soft with a slight bite.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and watercress puree. Pour risotto into the vessel you want to serve it in
- In a mixing bowl add the fresh watercress and lemon juice. Toss together.
- Top the risotto with the shaved parmesan, prosciutto, and watercress.
Additional/Chef’s Tips: If you need to cook the rice more add boiling water to the mix. Never add cold water or stock.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.