Grilled Pizza with Flank Steak, Blackberries and Watercress
Recipe by Steve Cylka, The Black Peppercorn
- Preheat grill to high with indirect heat by turning on the burners on one side of the grill, leaving the other side off.
- Rub flank steak with 1 tbsp oil and then season both sides of the flank steak with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the side of the grill with the burners on. Grill for 3 minutes and then flip. Grill for 3 more minutes and then move to the side of the grill where the burners are off and close the lid. Continue to grill the steak to medium rare, until the internal temperature reads about 130F. Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn on all the burners of the grill and lower grill heat to medium high.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard.
- Brush about half of the vinaigrette on the pizza crust. Place the halved cherries, crumbled goat cheese and pine nuts evenly across the crust.
- Place the pizza on the grill and close the lid. Grill the pizza for 8-10 minutes.
- Cut the steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Remove the pizza from the grill and top with watercress and sliced flank steak. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette on top.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.