Wilted Watercress Shrimp and Farro
This simple one-skillet dish with a zesty vinaigrette is a complete meal, packed with flavor and nutrition, that will impress and satisfy even the hungriest diners.
Yield: 4 cups
For the farro:
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound (16/20 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces watercress bunches, stems trimmed
- 2 cups cooked farro
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, over medium heat, toast almonds (about 3-5 minutes); reserve.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook shrimp until cooked through. Stir in watercress and cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds; remove from heat.
- In a serving dish, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, lemon zest, thyme and salt until blended.
- Stir in cooked farro, shrimp and watercress. Top with toasted almonds
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 340; Total Fat 18 g (Sat 2.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 3 g, Mono 12 g); Cholesterol 140 mg; Sodium 950 mg; Potassium 370 mg; Total Carbohydrate 27 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Total Sugars 1 g; Protein 19 g
B&W Quality Growers, LLC. All rights reserved ©2016