Roasted Pear and Arugula Salad
- 6 small ripe but firm pears
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups salad blend
- Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice off the base of each pear so it will stand upright. Use an apple corer to remove cores, working from the base up. Peel if desired, but leave stems on. Place the pears on a baking sheet and brush with agave syrup. Roast until browned and tender, 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size and ripeness of the pears.
- Whisk pomegranate juice, vinegar, oil, brown sugar, orange zest, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, chipotle and cloves in a large bowl.
- Toss arugula and salad blend with the dressing in a large bowl and divide among 6 chilled plates. Set a pear on each plate and scatter some pomegranate seeds on the greens.
B&W Quality Growers, LLC. All rights reserved ©2016